20090617

Home Tapes is Killing Music


Here's some things about tapes.

I made a track for Dictaphonia Volume 2, a micro- cassette compilation on HalTapes. All submissions were recorded and submitted on microcassette. For "A Difficult Fortnight" I put my recorder inside the bell of my grandfather's alto saxophone and played as quietly as I could. The BBC news was on the radio outside the horn.

I'm going to make my track available here for a week. OK?

Secondly, Ecstasy Mule is all but poised to release racecar, a 30-minute electronic piece in two parts. It will be a limited edition of 50 or so cassette tapes. We recorded it, we just have to make them.

And lastly, I'm very excited to be working on a cassette release for I Think Like Art Critics Talk. I have some very big ambient punk ideas for this. It will come out in April, 2010.

No comments: